Thursday, July 13, 2017

Wednesday Update


On Wednesday we had an adventurous hike to the beach. We hiked on the edge of the ocean going through hills and valleys. When we finally got to the beach, the view was breathtaking. Crystal clear waters and smooth rocks made a spectacular time. We hesitantly walked into the water with many laughs and shivers. Getting used to the water, we swam around going to the near by rocks. Once we were done, we walked back passing by the Iona golf course. 


While some were at the beach, others took a tour of the Abbey. They were able to experience the rich history of the beautiful sanctuary. Following the Abbey tour, we had time to visit shops in the tiny town. My favorite place was called "The Low Door Store' because it's a cute shop that has a low door that you have to duck to get into. Once we were home we had some free time and a delicious dinner consisting of Shepard's pie and mashed potatoes; it was delicious. Finally we had evening vespers outside overlooking the beautiful sunset. We had time to talk and be in communion with each other. 


I'm looking forward to tomorrow! 

--Claire


Reflection from Matt about "Matt's Spot"

When I get to the top of the hill I lose everything stressful in my life. I'm surrounded with mountains that I watch for hours just looking at the unique patterns. I see sheep and bunnies peacefully moving around without a care in the world. I hear birds talking to each other back and forth. I feel the breeze comforting me, moving me back and forth with the slightest force. I look around and I can't think of anything else other than that I am truly at peace with God.


No comments:

Post a Comment